The Senior Site Engineer is a key member of the supervision services team. He acts as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, contractors and site team. The jobholder monitors site progress and makes sure that the work carried is as per K&A specification and QC procedures. He processes daily site information, such as Submittals, RFI's and Shop drawings. The jobholder shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the construction supervision space and adopt best practices, where applicable.
- Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality.
- Support Project Manager with managing client relations and expectations, as needed
- Support Project Manager with responding to client clarifications on technical and contractual issues, as needed
- Support Project Manager with organizing inspections by third parties, as needed
- Ensure client satisfaction with construction supervision services
- Follow up with the Contractor to receive all contract documents prior to construction commencement.
- Review the documents with the Contractor and forward any RFI (Request for Information) to the Associate Project Manager
- Attend internal and external project kick-off meetings as requested by the Associate Project Manager with clients and contractors to plan commencement of works
- Prepare the breakdown of all items on the BOQ, taking into consideration materials cost, labor cost, testing commissioning, overhead and profit
- Follow up with the Contractor for copies of all documents that have been approved by the authorities
- Review material submittals and verify that they are abiding by K&A standards, specifications and local rules, codes and regulations
- Review all shop drawings submitted by the contractor and ensure that all details are included. Forward approval to Contractor
- Conduct a site inspection to ensure that the works are carried out as per the approved shop drawings and K&A standards
- Prepare regular progress reports for review by the Associate Project Manager.
- Supervise the filing and archiving of supervision files
- Support the Associate Project Manager in attending to correspondence letters
- Assist the Associate Project Manager in reviewing monthly contractors’ payments
- Implement corporate policies and procedures
- Attend periodic training to further develop relevant skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Chartered Professional Engineering certification or equivalent is preferred
- Strong knowledge of construction supervision services
- Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Strong attention to details
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English
- 8+ years of experience in a construction / construction supervision function