K&A Engineering Consultants, India, a member of the K&A Global Holding is one of Middle East’s leading multi-disciplinary engineering consultancies. K&A is ranked #5 in the Middle East and #38 globally in the Top International Design Firms by ENR. Our Energy Business established for over three decades provides consultancy, engineering, detail design and field support services to clients for planning, implementation, operation, performance and management of “Conventional Power Transmission & Distribution and Renewables” in the Middle East and Africa. In view of our growth plans we currently have an opening for Senior Engineer- Wind Generation for overseas projects delivered from our office in Bangalore, India.
The selected candidate will be part of Power & Renewables team and will be key to its growth and delivery of projects. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to grow their career with a well-known MNC engineering consultant.
Senior Engineer - Wind Energy will conduct wind studies and load analyses for specific wind farm projects, calculate and optimise energy production for each wind farm, and assess site suitability based on load evaluation. To optimise wind turbine proposals and give the best customer solution, the engineer will work directly with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
This important engineering function in the front end assists us in understanding the client's needs by assessing the area's energy potential, product suitability, mechanical loads, and suggesting ways to provide value to the customer.
- Work as part of K&A Power & Renewables team.
- Perform Wind Resource, Annual Energy Production, Turbine Layout Optimization, Noise Propagation Assessments, and Wind Load Impact on Structures to support new unit bids.
- Convert measured wind conditions into wind resource characterisations and use them as input for mechanical load evaluations.
- Create solutions that boost customer value while also allowing for wind farm optimization.
- Assess site-specific loads to complete a simplified mechanical load analysis for new unit proposals.
- Investigate methodologies that include linear flow models, CFD, mesoscale, and a mixture of these to provide better estimates of past and future site production, as well as longer turbine life.
- Assist clients with technical questions and discussions, as well as the assessment of customer specifications and site data.
- Exchange best practises with other Micro siting and Load engineers.
- Explore new digital applications to make micro siting and load evaluations easier.
- Participate in the development of new and existing design approaches.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and R&D projects.
- Work with the worldwide Wind Resource Assessment team to incorporate trends and new ideas into internal processes as soon as possible.
- Encourage the use of measurements to improve customer satisfaction while reducing resource use.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering from a reputed college or university (Mechanical, Electrical or similar).
- Must have at least 8 years of experience working on wind resource assessments.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- The ability and willingness to take on challenges that are outside of one's technical skills and comfort zone.
- Team player with demonstrated innovation and self-motivation.
- Wind resource evaluation, site selection, and the wind energy development process experience
- Knowledge of WAsP, WAsP Engineering, OpenWind, WindPro (or similar wind flow models), mesoscale wind approaches, wind turbine micro-siting, and wind farm design
- Experience with wind farm layout design and optimization
- Wind turbine load analysis experience
- Ability to deconstruct difficult challenges, identify potential courses of action, and make sound decisions
- Programming knowledge in software’s such as Python, MATLAB, and others
- Excellent oral, writing, and presentation abilities
- International experience with a track record of working with international teams