The Principal Landscape Architect participates in the delivery of concepts of large scale, complex multidisciplinary landscaping architecture projects as a discipline project lead. He/She works closely with Project Managers and Design teams to develop different landscape design options and to refine selected designs across the project design cycle, including conceptual landscape designs, preliminary, final detailed designs and tender documents for landscape architecture projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Develop a data inventory system and archive necessary data to share with project team members, as needed.
- Analyze collected data and identify main design constraints and key challenges, and periodically meet with design teams of other specializations to integrate landscape design constraints, as needed
- Support the production data collection report for large scale, complex multidisciplinary projects, highlighting all collected and missing data
- Develop different landscape design options for large scale complex projects, in coordination with Urban Designers, Urban Planners, Architects and other relevant design teams, as needed
- Support the development of alternative conceptual landscape designs for large scale complex projects, reflected in the form of plans, sections, mood boards, perspectives, material boards, as appropriate.
- Support the development of comprehensive technical reports, detailing design concepts and soft scape components, cost estimates etc.
- Assist in the refinement of selected landscape design option into preliminary and final detailed designs, in coordination with other design disciplines, including the development of required drawings and graphical materials, as needed.
- Develop landscape tendering documents and closely work with the Quantity Surveying Department for the development of final specifications, landscape palettes, Bills of Quantities and Conditions of Contract.
- Support the tender process, including responding to bid queries and evaluating bids, as required.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, during the supervision phase, including solving design conflicts, conducting site visits and reviewing shop drawings, in close coordination with local design support teams
- Support Project Managers in validating design deliverables with clients and authorities, as needed, capturing feedback and obtaining approvals
- Mentor Landscape Architects & Design Landscape Architects with the required skills.
- Prepare man hour estimate for the large scale complex landscape architecture projects.
- Effective work planning & management of other’s work to meet the project delivery deadline.
- Review and conduct design reviews and verifications.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master in Landscape Architecture or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture with Landscape architecture experience.
- Minimum 15 years working experience
- Creative candidate who is capable of leading several concept designs for landscape projects who can demonstrates creative thinking abilities and contributes to firm’s wide excellence.
- A track record of designing and delivering a range of landscape projects internationally. Middle east experience is an added advantage.
- Demonstrates understanding of the relationship between design and constructability and also possesses extensive experience in quick turnaround to produce concepts & presentations.
- Excellent graphics and strong design skills are essential.
- Excellent Leadership and Soft Skills
- Project Management (Client Interfacing, Stakeholder Management, Internal Coordination)
- Ability to Lead & Manage multiple projects and teams
- Possess software skills including Advanced to Expert Level Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, illustrator & Acrobat Pro), SketchUp, Lumion
- Perfect English (Written & Verbal)
CV submissions without professional portfolio, to demonstrate professional experience and skills, will not be reviewed