|• Articulate and update organization’s contracting strategy.
• Supervise analysis, negotiation, and development of final contracts and ensure alignment with legal and contractual policies and regulations.
• Responsible for standardizing contracts for all organization. requisitions.
• Conduct contract negotiations on terms and conditions for projects while liaising effectively with relevant stakeholders including, but not limited to, Central Engineering, Projects, Legal, Finance, suppliers and contractors to ensure compliance with organization’s requirements and maintain projects within schedules and budgets.
• Assess areas of potential risk during contracts development such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts.
• Review contractual requirements, provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and organization’s policies and procedures.
• Closely monitor ongoing contractual work and recommend corrective actions as necessary while working closely with the Projects and other business units.
• Review and ensure contract variation order requests have minimal impact on projects’ schedules and costs while satisfaction of relevant stakeholders is maintained.
• Submit monthly reports to the Contracting and Procurement Director related to the status of active contracts of organization..
• Conduct random audits on existing contracts to ensure conformity to organization’s standards, templates, terms and conditions and to detect any breaches or risks.
• Analyse findings raised as a result of contract management audit process and recommend corrective actions to close all relevant findings.
• Support relevant stakeholders, including Projects and Central Engineering, in the preparation of request for proposals and tender documents to ensure all contractual requirements and specifications are included in accordance with organization’s policies, procedures, standards and lessons learned.
• Ensure performance is monitored for each active contract of organization..
• Ensure contracting KPIs are tracked and that necessary corrective actions are taken as needed.
• Train, supervise and provide support related to contracts and claims management to relevant staff.
• Assess and adopt new and changes in laws, regulations and contract trends and determine the potential impact on organization’s business.
• Lead complex contract negotiations with suppliers and contractors in collaboration with relevant stakeholder such as Projects, Legal, Finance and Central Engineering.
• Review reports on the status of contracts from Contracts Administrator and provide feedback as needed.
• Communicate contract implementations and changes to all relevant stakeholders.
Key Skills :